If you are new to using UpStage, the first place to look for information is the manual; however, we know that most people don’t want to read a manual (even one as engagingly written as the UpStage user manual … ) so we are putting together short online tutorials about some of the common things that users need to know.
Here are some tutorials that you may find useful, and you are welcome to suggest or contribute other topics.
- How to manually allow Flash in your browser (0) April 17, 2020
- Working with Flash and ActionScript in UpStage (0) July 18, 2011
- Working with pre-recorded video in UpStage (0) July 18, 2011
- Technical tour: Flash programming for UpStage Avatars (1) June 19, 2011
- Embedding sound files in Flash avatars (2) November 3, 2007
- Graphics Tips – have a quick read of this before attempting to create your first graphics for UpStage
- Converting .pngs to .swfs
- Audio tips – converting & compressing MP3 files for upload to UpStage
- Avatar voices – how to change the voices of your avatars
- Avatar names – changing and hiding
- Avatar movement – moving around, and animated avs
- Configure your web cam app: information about how to configure a web cam FTP application to send a live web cam feed to UpStage
- How to use the “Lines” avatars created for the show Lines in the 090909 UpStage Festival
- Screen recording tips