The 090909 UpStage Festival took place on 9 September 2009 (with bits on the 8th or the 10th depending on where you were in the world). 14 performances by artists across 9 time zones were presented over the 20 hours of the festival, with audiences participating online and at 11 “real life” access nodes around the world. Click here to read about the performances.
- showreel of excerpts from the festival; heartfelt thanks to those who recorded performances – Suzon Fuks, Helga Hofbauer, Katarina Djordjevic Urosevic, Jelena Lalic, Vicki Smith – and Dan Untitled for editing together the showreel!
- Screenshots from the performances and photos from the nodes
- review of the festival by Fiona Sara Schmidt (in German; read an English translation here)
- 090909 curator Vicki Smith interviewed on Radio New Zealand by Bryan Crump
- Meliors Simms’ blog post about her experience creating and performing User Profile
- Suzon Fuks’ blog post about her experience of creating, performing in and watching 090909 shows
The 090909 UpStage Festival was supported by: