The launch of UpStage 2 was celebrated with a festival of performances in UpStage on July 7 2007. Thirteen performances were presented by artists from around the world, performed online for audiences around the world and at the New Zealand Film Archive. Click here for a short promo for the festival shows (3.5MB QuickTime movie).
“A good many of the pieces were rich with artistic expression, as well as thought-provoking.”
Stephen Bell, Computerworld.
Guest artist puppeteer Rebekah Wild worked with Vicki Smith to develop and perform Baba Yaga, and their stage was the basis for the Puppets to Pixels UpStage Exhibition, 28 June to 14 July, online and at the New Zealand Film Archive. Visitors to the exhibition had a hands-on experience of UpStage, creating their own performance with Rebekah’s graphics.
- Click here for the full list of 070707 performances.
- Click here for the 070707 programme
- Puppets to Pixels – an interactive exhibition for children of all ages
- Click here for photos from the launch of UpStage V2
- Watch excerpts from some of the 070707 festival performances (3.5MB QuickTime movie)
Media and Links:
- Festival review on Computerworld
- Radio NZ Arts on Sunday interview
- Creative New Zealand
- The Big Idea – interview with Helen
- m-net article
- stray cinema blog
- Cherry’s blog – including photos from The Old Hotel live in London
- Corazon Desfasado – documentation of Paraiso
- Brenda’s blog