The 101010 UpStage Festival featured 17 new cyberformances. Because of the big number, the shows were divided into four groups along vaguely thematic lines: Temporal, Trajectory, Tendrils and Transgress.
The performances began at 8pm New Zealand time on Sunday 10 October (find your local time here), and continued for about 20.5 hours (with a couple of refreshment breaks). Click here to view the full schedule.
Click to read more and see the shows in each group, or scroll down for a full list of all the performances and links to further information. You can also download the media release (240KB PDF).
- 101010 Temporal: blurring the physical and virtual, tangible and ephemeral, across time and networks.
- 101010 Trajectory: intersect and interact with the story arcs of these shows.
- 101010 Tendrils: exercise your synapses with these thought-provoking cyberformances.
- 101010 Transgress: step out of your comfort zone into shows that go beyond a limit, cross a boundary …
Here are the 17 cyberformances selected for 101010 (in no particular order):
- A little online communion – Bishop Bishop (Sheila Bishop), Josh Cajinarobleto & Mitzi MIze (USA)
- MASS-MESS – Katarina DJ. Urosevic & Jelena Lalic (Serbia)
- S/Zports: A Training for the Possible Wor(l)ds – Miljana Peric, Julijana Protic, Jelena Milosavljevic-Rubil, Goran Rubil (Serbia), Andrea Ass (Germany) & Suzon Fuks (Australia)
- Vibrations in a viral vitality – AP033, Jenny Pickett (France)
- Die Totezone (The Deadzone) – Alexa Wilson (NZ/Germany) & Cat Ruka (NZ)
- Nino, Nina – Nin. that’s who I am – Helga Hofbauer & Lilly Axster (Vienna) plus others
- X marks the spot – Vicki Smith (Aotearoa/NZ)
- Recipes for 2010 – Schaumbad – Freies Atelierhaus Graz (Austria)
- make-shift – Paula Crutchlow (UK) & Helen Varley Jamieson (NZ/Germany)
- West Side’s Story – Joanne, Ellen and Hannah (New Zealand)
- Murder 2.0 – Virtual Theatre (Canada)
- Theatre of Exchange – Nathalie Fougeras (France/Sweden) & Malin Ståhl (Sweden/UK)
- Plaice or Sole – Francesco Buonaiuto, Mario Ferrigno and Simona Cipollaro (Naples, Italy)
- Sprinkler Fountain – Suzon Fuks (Australia), Miljana Peric (Serbia), Tara Rebele (USA) and Marischka Klinkhamer (Nederlands)
- Aquifer Fountain – ActiveLayers (Australia, NZ, UK)
- Colourful Wi-Fi Network – Jung-Hua Liu (UK)
- Strings Attached 2: Who’s driving this thing? – Cindi L’Abbe & others (New Hampshire, USA)
Comments are closed.