We are delighted to launch the “real life” access nodes that have been confirmed so far for the 11:11:11 UpStage Festival! Download the media release announcing the 11:11:11 nodes (78 KB PDF).
- New Zealand Film Archive, Wellington 10.30-3.30pm
- Paparoa Range School Greymouth
- South Westland Area School, Harihari
- Govett Brewster Gallery, New Plymouth 10.30-4pm
other parts of the globe (local times shown):
- MAD, Eindhoven, Netherlands: 11am-11pm
Concurrent with the 11:11:11 node, MAD have organised a Hackathon: a day of live programming, hacking, circuit bending, app dev, data visualisation and kinect performances.
- Norsk Telemuseum, Oslo, Norway: 1pm-4pm
The festival will be shown on big screen and there will be seven computers connected as guests so the audience can comment on the shows.
- Galerija Elektrika, Pancevo, Serbia: 2pm to 4pm
Information in Srpski.
- Marionet Teatro, Coimbra, Portugal
- Piet Zwart Institute, Rotterdam, Netherlands:
- Hacklab01 at Autonomni Kulturni Centar, Zagreb, Croatia: 7pm-midnight
“Real Life” Access Node in Second Life
- Osprey Therian hosts an in-world RL node for Second Life residents. Join Osprey at 1:45 SLT on Thursday, 10 November for as many performances as you’d like to watch; click here for the teleport link. Thank you Salazar Jack for providing the venue. Click here for Osprey’s screengrabs from the event.
“Real Life” access nodes are physical venues that screen sections of the UpStage festival programme for local audiences. Some nodes organise other related activities such as exhibitions, workshops, live music and even a barbecue, as part of the event. Nodes can also be held in conjunction with other festivals.
If you would like to host a node in your area, read here for information about what’s required (not much!) and then contact us.