RL (real life) access nodes are physical locations where audiences watch a projection of the 080808 shows and participate via computers at the venue (if there is a wireless network, you may be able to bring your own laptop). Read about the 080808 nodes here.
Node at Haymatlos, Istanbul
Times shown are the LOCAL times that each node is operating (& note that for the Canadian nodes, some of the times fall on 8th September due to time differences):
- Istanbul, Turkey, at the Eclectic Tech Carnival – Turkish information here; the venue is Haymatlos. 6.30pm-midnight
- Norsk Telemuseum, Oslo, Norway. 10am-6pm
- Muffatwerk Cafe, Munich, Germany in conjunction with UPGRADE! Munchen; 8-10pm
- New Dowse Gallery, Wellington, New Zealand. 2-4.30pm.
- Hutt City Libraries, New Zealand. 2-8.30pm
- SCHAUMBAD – Freies Atelierhaus Graz, Austria; 7-11pm. SCHAUMBAD is a self-organized studio- and art space, containing 24 individual studios, plus approximately 1500 m2 space for concerts, exhibitions, workshops, talks.
- MAD @ Smalle Haven Eindhoven, Netherlands, 3-9pm. MAD emergent art center is presenting the Upstage 090909 festival of live online performances. Shown as a live screening of scheduled performances, participation is encouraged through a public computer and peoples laptops. Bring your Avatar!
- APO33, Nantes, France. 6.30-10pm
- School of Interactive Art and Technology, Simon Fraser University in Surrey, BC, Canada. 7-10pm on the 8th, and 10am-3pm on the 9th
- Syneme, University of Calgary, Canada. 7pm-midnight on the 8th
- Culture Centre Pancevo, Serbia. 9am-9pm.
Node at Galerija Elektrika, Pancevo, Serbia
Hosting a node
Beyond the basics, what’s involved in hosting a node is up to the hosts. Some nodes have performances that will be presented from the node, incorporating the proximal audience as well as the online audience – such as Galerija Elektrika in Pancevo, where “The Dish” was performed from. Some nodes embedded 090909 within an existing programme, such as the Eclectic Tech Carnival in Istanbul (where one of the performers of “Machine Divas” was located). Other nodes happen in arts centres, museums, and event people’s living rooms, when they invite a few friends around to share the 090909 experience together. Each node chooses which hours during the festival they will operate, according to their own locality and situation.
The basic requirements for hosting a node are:
- a venue where the public can come
- a stable broadband internet connection
- a minimum of 2 internet-connected computers (one for project and at least one for the audience – more depending on numbers of audience attending)
- data projector and screen or projection surface
- speakers or sound system appropriate for the space
We publicise the nodes via this web site and all media releases and emails that are sent out about 090909; nodes can also do their own publicity. We appreciate feedback and documentation from each node such as photos and numbers of audience.