UpStage’s appeal is its live-time interactivity that emulates the anonymity of sites like Second Life, but also employs scripted dramas that let the audience (either all of the time, or at selected moments) jump into the story. It raises the question of the difference between “stage” acting in a traditional theater, and acting in front of a virtual audience, an issue bridged by maintaining traditional chat function.
Ellen Perlman reviewing 101010.
Media Coverage of 101010:
- review of the festival by Ellen Perlman on Furtherfield
- Onlajn performans TV Pancevo – Serbian television story about UpStage, 101010, the performance “MASS-MESS” & the node at Galerija Elektrika in Pancevo
- Interview with Katarina DJ Urošević and Jelena Lalić, 101010 artists (“MASS-MESS”) in Wave magazine (Srpski version here)
- Cyberformances krijgen het voordeel van de twijfel, NRC-Handelsblad, 24 September 2010 (English translation here)
Publicity material for 101010
- preview trailer
- Publicity Pack – general media release, a list of all the performances and artists, list of the RL access nodes, background to UpStage and links to showreels and images.
- 101010 preview video
- Individual show media releases:
- Showreels from previous festivals:
- Info Panels (these are designed to be printed as A2 posters for display at RL access nodes):
or download the panels individually:
- UpStage logo:
- Print resolution logo: TIFF format, 942×600 px
- Web logos: